Thursday, April 21, 2011

No Log & Capture = No Problem!

The majority of the professional editors that I know are upset at the rumor that tape capture will be dropped from the new version of Final Cut Pro (FCP X.)

I was too. But then I did some testing, and I found that it can be much better to capture in another program, because you can EDIT WHILE YOU CAPTURE!

I demonstrate in the following video:


In the best possible situation, Apple would write a separate batch capture program/utility instead of relying on AJA/BlackMagic but I think that is a long shot.

Either way, ingest while you edit (something that Apple mentioned during the sneak peek at the SuperMeet is possible, even from tape, with FCP.

I will post more on this topic later. First I have to rant about Apple using my iPhone to spy on me (us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment